I need to get organized. Gone are the days where simple 'just tackle it when it comes' method suffice. There are work stuff, personal stuff, bucket list, etc etc and life is not getting any longer. However, being as disorganized as I am, I need to know where to start and fast.
Being the geek that I am and having a life centered around staring at computerr screens, I started looking into 'organization tools' that would help; and I was quickly overwhelmed. There are tons of tools available and I quickly realise I needed a system before I can decide on a tool. This is when I stumbled on Getting Things Done, or GTD.
Essentially, GTD revolves around 4 main steps- Collect, Process, Action and Review. Unfortunately, I am still novice in this stuff but essentially, it does what it says literally. The main idea is collect, which is to act as a brain dump for all the things and ideas you have in your head. This, hopefully, can leave your brain to focus on thinking and executing rather than bogged down with remembering stuff.
Another point that draws me towards GTD is it is, well quite, technology independent. A quick google reveals while the founder of the method endorse and sells a Outlook plugin for this, there are tons of other tools available. They comes in all shapes and sizes too, free and paid, online and offline. This really appeals to someone like me, who dabbles in technology for a living and as an interest.
The drawback, however, is it 'forces' you to, should you choose to adapt it, to organize. That being said, isn't that's what I want to begin with? GG.
No comments:
Post a Comment